You may be getting fed up with your “make do” home office if you’ve been working from home for the last year. That hastily set up workspace deserves a much-needed upgrade.
Now that remote working is becoming the new norm, it’s time to set up a home office space that is both functional and beautiful. When you work in a space that utilizes ergonomics that you aesthetically enjoy, your focus, concentration, and performance are likely boosted.
Here are five home office design tips to get your work from home space looking and functioning at its best.
1. Incorporate movement into your space. Studies show we work better when we are able to keep our bodies in motion. This holds especially true when you’re working from home and work easily bleeds into your home life. Using a motion office chair like Swopper or Muvman is a great way to keep your body moving throughout the day.
Swopper active stool with white frame, red seat and coil, and glides
2. Set up near natural light. Having natural sunlight nearby can boost your mood more during the workday. Find a window that gets good mid-day sun to keep your circadian rhythm on track. If you can’t make that happen, investing in a good, natural daylight desk lamp. The sunlight lamps from OttLite reduce eyestrain up to 51% and can do wonders for your mood – especially on rainy days or through the shorter days of winter.
OttLite Direct gold LED desk lamp with a USB charging port
3. Utilize the properties of ergonomics. In order to feel comfortable in your work-from-home office space, you need to make sure you’re following the rules of ergonomics. Our Ergonomics Lab can help make sure your ergonomics are optimized. If you’d like to talk to an ergonomics expert, contact us so we can help you Ergify your life.
4. Keep it free from clutter. When your workspace is filled with clutter it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. It’s important to keep your desk area free from unnecessary papers, wires, and lunch dishes. Each day as your workday ends, make a point to clear the space so you can start in the morning with harmony.
5. Add fresh plants or flowers. Fresh plants are a great way to bring some life to your home office. Plus, they have the added benefit of cleansing your office air! Succulents are great, low commitment plants to start with.
Follow these simple tips to take your home office from drab to welcoming. You deserve to have a welcoming, peaceful place to work from home.